Monday, October 25, 2010

Tool #11

I think the three most important areas to teach with Digital Citizenship are :

1. Digital Access- the students should be very familiar with the various technology items that we have and use. I want them to also know where to go to find the information and what to do once they get there.

2. Digital Communication: I want the students to be able to share their technology skills with others. I want them to know how to do this safely and with the most amount of success.

3. Digital Literacy: I want the students to be able to use the technology items to enhance their learning as much as possible. I want them to feel comfortable and excited about using the Itouches, netbooks, and blog items.

I think Digital Citizenship is very important since we will be using technology so often in the classroom. I want my students to establish rules and procedures for using the various technology much like I do for the classroom rules and procedures. The students need to know there are limits to how we will use and engage in the technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment