Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tool #9

I think that Jing would be a great tool to use in a Pre-K classroom. My kids are very young, so it is hard for them to follow multi-step directions. With the help of Jing, I could capture a certain screen and record the directions. That way, if the kids are struggling and do not know what to do, they could replay it to refresh their memory. That would be a time saver for me so that I do not have to go around and remind each student of the directions. 

I think that Skype could be used in the classroom for many ways. For starters, it could be a great way to keep in contact with parents. Several of my contact numbers are long-distance, so Skype could be used to call them from home and avoid using minutes on my phone. Also, you could use skype to do a video chat. For example, when we study culture, we could find someone from a specific country to talk to.  That way the kids could have a very memorable and engaging experience.

I have use Skype in the past on many occasions. I have two sisters that are both far away; one in L.A. and one in Austin. I can use Skype to get in contact with them so we keep in touch. I really enjoy the option of video chatting so that I can see my two nephews that are in Austin. Since my daughter does not get to see her cousins often, it is the next best thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment